Do you care about the people and problems of the world?
Do you desire to learn, not just from lectures and books, but also through real-life experiences and relationships?
Do you seek a career where your passions and the world’s needs intersect?
For over 130 years, PUC has produced creative, socially responsible graduates who are ready to represent Christ in a vast and changing world. Our founders set out to prepare students for “productive lives of useful human service and uncompromising personal integrity” and it is with our mission statement in mind a new program was created.
In 2017, PUC introduced a new program, global development studies. Taken in conjunction with another major, this program encourages students to think critically about complex world issues while considering social, economic, political, and environmental factors, within a faith perspective. Theory is integrated with real-world experience, as students are immersed in diverse cultures and build relationships around the world, transcending the typical classroom setting. Students learn to effectively communicate and interact with others from different cultural backgrounds while serving in partnership with individual communities.
Possible double majors available:
- Environmental Studies
- Film & TV
- Graphic Design
- Language & Culture Studies
- Social Work
- The program is designed to be interdisciplinary, giving students the opportunity to follow their passions, while choosing from a combination of religion, communication, environmental studies, and sociology courses
- Students are required to spend time studying abroad or participating in an international service project
- Students will develop a capstone project showcasing their plan for global service within their chosen profession, working closely with their advisor
Possible Career Options
- Church leader
- Community organizer
- English as a foreign language (EFL) teacher
- Environmental manager
- Human rights advocate
- International development consultant
- Non-profit program manager
- Public health worker
- Social entrepreneur
- Social worker
- Urban planner
- Volunteer coordinator
The world desperately needs people who are ready to serve, are open to change, and feel called to His service. Talk with an admissions counselor to learn more about the global development studies program at PUC, and everywhere it can take you. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (800) 862-7080, option 2 to get connected with a counselor now.