These days, it seems like nobody talks on the phone anymore. In our fast-paced world, it’s much easier to pull out your phone and quickly text someone than it is to dial their number, wait to see whether or not they answer, and if they aren’t available, leave them a voicemail they likely won’t listen to. Last spring, in an effort to keep up with the times, our office unveiled an online chat service on our Admissions website where you can ask questions and quickly get an answer from an Enrollment Counselor or our Communications Specialist. We’re happy to help!
Here’s a short list of suggested questions to ask if you aren’t sure where to begin:
- I’m interested in attending PUC, how do I get started?
- What’s the status of my application?
- I was just accepted – what do I do next?
- How do I look for scholarships?
- What classes will I be taking for my major?
- What’s there to do in the area around PUC?
- What events does the Student Association have on-campus during the week?
- What intramurals sports does PUC offer?
- What is the campus spiritual life like? What can I get involved with?
- Do I have to live in the dorms? If so, what’s dorm life like?
Don’t be shy! Please feel free to chat us with any questions you have. We staff our chat service from 8:30 AM – 5 PM Monday through Thursday, and on Fridays from 8:30 AM – 1 PM. If you would like to contact us through more traditional methods, you can email email@example.com or give us a call at 800.862.7080 option 2.