We hope everyone is having a relaxing summer even in these crazy times. The summer months always seem to fly by and before you know it, it’s time to start thinking about your student returning to school. Even if you’re an old pro at the college process, it can be difficult to keep track of the things you and your student need to take care of to be ready at PUC this fall.
Below is a helpful checklist you can refer back to for what you and your student can be working on to help make their transition to PUC as smooth as possible.
Ready to get started? Let’s do this!
- Sign your Pioneers Commitment Form. The sooner you submit your Pioneers Commitment Form, the sooner you can reserve your residence hall room and work together with an advisor to set up your class schedule! This can be found on your child’s personal PUC site.
- Register for classes. Once the Pioneers Commitment Form is completed, your student will be contacted by an academic advisor to start planning out their class schedule and then register for classes.
- Submit the housing form. The sooner the Pioneers Commitment Form is signed, the sooner you can fill out your housing form. This will place you higher on the list which means your student will be to receive their dorm assignment quicker! Fill the form out at puc.edu/housingform.
- Make financial aid arrangements. Confirm your student is all set for the fall quarter with your family’s PUC financial counselor and submit additional paperwork if needed. Call (800) 862-7080, option 1, or email firstname.lastname@example.org to get connected with a counselor.
- Submit the FAFSA. This isn’t required but is HIGHLY recommended, as FAFSA determines your student’s financial aid eligibility. Use PUC’s school code to have their information sent to us—it’s 001258.
- Submit the required health forms. Make an appointment with your student’s primary health provider and fill out the Health Information Form. Immunization records will also need to be submitted. Have questions? Contact Health Services for more information by calling (707) 965-6339 or emailing email@example.com.
- BONUS: Get ready for move-in day! Help your student get ready to move into their dorm room and start buying the necessary supplies. Check back on the blog because the entire month of August is filled with helpful posts for new college students, from a thorough college packing list to tips for making friends.If you don’t want to wait till August, get a jump start by reading our 2019 Packing List blog.
For more information about these steps, and to download the forms mentioned above, visit puc.edu/alreadyaccepted. You can also check in with your student’s admissions counselor to see what’s left for them to submit. Call (800) 862-7080, option 2, or email firstname.lastname@example.org to get connected with a counselor. You can also live chat with an admissions representative through our online chat service, available on our website during standard business hours (Pacific Standard Time).
We can’t wait to see your family at New Student Orientation on September 9!
Note: Be sure you carefully read your communications from Student Life and regularly check the Fall Campus Plan webpage to stay up-to-date with the COVID-19 safety precautions PUC will be enforcing.