News and Blog

<strong>Faces of PUC: Regan Acosta</strong>

Reagan-Blog-Photo
Student Profile

Faces of PUC: Regan Acosta

This week we’re highlighting senior nursing student Regan Acosta. She’s from Vacaville- and being raised in a military family had her live in Germany for three years, which allowed her to travel around Europe. She dreams of being an ICU or ER nurse because she enjoys a face-paced environment and taking care of others. We are blessed to have Regan a part of our Pioneers family!

What is your dream job? 

My dream job is to become either an ICU or ER Nurse. I enjoy the fast-paced environment and how unpredictable the ER can be, you’ll never know what you’re going to get, and to me that’s exciting. I have always enjoyed caring for others, and I chose nursing because I want to take care of those sick patients who don’t feel good, and I want to be that hand to hold when they have no one, but more importantly, I want to make sure they are taken care of! 

How does that compare to what you wanted to be when you were young? 

Oh, I would say it’s about the same! I knew from a young age that I wanted to become a Nurse because of my mom. Growing up, I would hear her and my grandmother talking about nursing all the time and knew I wanted to be just like them. 

What made you decide to attend PUC?

I decided to attend PUC because a friend I worked with at the time had mentioned how great the nursing program was over here. I had been contemplating applying to schools out of state because I knew how impacted the programs are here in California, but I decided to check out PUC just in case. I made an appointment to have a campus tour and when I got here I had a feeling that it was going to be a good fit for me. So I started taking my prerequisites, and now I am halfway done with the program. So happy I made that campus tour appointment!

What is your favorite thing about being a part of the Pioneers family? 

I really enjoy how close everyone is on campus. You can’t go anywhere without seeing someone you don’t know, which is what I love. I have never really been a part of such a welcoming, fun, and loving community, and it’s a good feeling to have when you are walking around campus!

Where is your favorite place in the world? 

My favorite place in the world would have to be Europe. I lived in Germany for 3 years because my Dad was in the military, and we traveled all over. It’s so beautiful out there! I will go back eventually. 

If you had to be trapped in a movie for a day, what movie would you choose?

If I had to be trapped in a movie for a day, I would want it to be any of the marvel movies, because not only is it full of really great-looking superheroes but Iron Man is my favorite. Win-win for me haha.

What is something you’re passionate about? 

I am super passionate about cooking! I really like trying out new recipes that I find on Instagram or TikTok- there are so many good ones to try. It’s just something I love to do during this time of the year, especially with my mom because we cook some amazing food during the holidays.

Recommend a place to go in the Bay Area on a weekend 

If you are a crazy plant person like I am, I highly recommend going to the Conservatory of Flowers in San Francisco. It’s amazing!