News and Blog

Faces of PUC: Cindy Roy 

Student Profile

Faces of PUC: Cindy Roy 

Sophomore pre-nursing student Cindy Roy is from Stockton, CA, who grew up in an Adventist family and community. She moved to California three years ago with her family and was looking for an Adventist college to attend and found PUC. After visiting the campus last year, she liked everything about the college- especially its beauty. With home being two hours away, she felt close to home, and everything PUC offered helped Cindy decide to start her college career at PUC.

What made you choose your major?  

Most of my family members are somehow related to the medical field; maybe that’s what interested me to go in this field. Other than that, I want to learn more about patient care and helping others have a better life. 

What do you like the most about your program?  

Learning so many things about body parts and how everything works is interesting when I think about all of those. Also, the nursing program opens up a lot of opportunities for everyone. You will not be stuck with only one profession but can bridge the other program with nursing.

What is your favorite thing about being a part of the Pioneers family? 

My favorite part of the Pioneers family is the people. Everyone is always smiling, and there is always a welcoming vibe. On top of that, everyone was very helpful and pleasant. Nature is the second part. You look around the campus. It is so beautiful and peaceful. Lastly is spiritual life. I love to go to vespers and church so much. I always attend the singing service whenever I am on campus. My spiritual life is getting better now.

If you could travel anywhere, where would you go?

I want to go to Greece. I want to go to all of the famous tourist places there. I want to see its beauty in my eyes. 

What is something you’re passionate about?  

Cooking. Since childhood, I have always been curious about cooking and learning new cooking dishes. I remember the newspaper used to have a special day about recipes back then, so I read them and tried to make them on my own. I still try to do that. Every time I watch a new recipe on YouTube, I try to make it.  

Do you have a favorite restaurant in the Napa Valley?

I like one of the Indian/Nepalese restaurants in Napa, “Yak and Yeti.” Other than that, I haven’t tried any yet, but I want to go to one of the Thai places, “Thai Kitchen Restaurant.” 

How would you describe your perfect weekend at PUC?  

I always look forward to the weekend. Friday night starts with worshiping God and fellowship afterward. Then, a peaceful sleep. Saturday, I attend  Sabbath school and church. After church, I make something for lunch, maybe take a quick nap, and go for an adventure in the Back 40. I don’t study on Saturday night and instead watch something. Sunday is always filled with an activity at PUC that I sometimes attend and where I catch up with my studies for the next week.