News and Blog

Faces of PUC: Jalexis Herman 

PUC Feature Portrait
Student Profile

Faces of PUC: Jalexis Herman 

Jalexis Herman is a freshman liberal studies major from our very own town of Angwin. After looking at several different colleges, she ended up deciding that saving the most money would be by attending PUC. Also being familiar with the location since she was in first grade, Jalexis wanted to stay nearby for a little bit longer. 

What made you choose your major?

I used to think that I wanted to be a pediatric nurse, but I decided that being a teacher is more suited to the type of schedule I want for my life. I also want to make learning fun for kids and help them set a good foundation for learning in the future. 

What do you like the most about your program?

I haven’t learned a lot about my program yet. But, so far I really like the atmosphere that I’ve experienced being amongst other future teachers. 

What is your favorite thing about being a part of the Pioneers family?

My favorite thing about being part of the Pioneers family is the connection that I have been able to cultivate with people through music programs. I don’t think I would have met nearly as many people as I have if I wasn’t in music, so I’m very thankful for being able to be a part of our programs here at PUC. 

If you could travel anywhere, where would you go?  

If I could travel anywhere, I would travel to France because I want to know what the food is like and what French culture is like. 

What is something you’re passionate about?¯ 

Something I am passionate about is art! I love to write music, paint, write, read, and appreciate art! 

Do you have a favorite restaurant in the Napa Valley?

I think my favorite restaurant in Napa Valley is Taqueria Rosita. This is because their food always tastes super fresh and they have the best rice that I have ever tasted!! 

How would you describe your perfect weekend at PUC? 

My perfect weekend at PUC would consist of hanging out with my family on Saturday by going on an adventure or going hiking and Sunday would consist of relaxing and resetting for the week ahead.