News and Blog

<strong>Faces of PUC: Nat Nguyen</strong>

Nay Nguyen
Student Profile

Faces of PUC: Nat Nguyen

This week we’re highlighting Nat Nguyen, a junior from Pasadena majoring in Biology Pre-Med. When he was younger, he wanted to be an astronaut but now aspires to be an orthopedic surgeon to make prosthetics for people who need them. We are blessed to have a student like Nat be a part of our Pioneers family!

What is your dream job? 

My dream job is to become an orthopedic surgeon specializing in prosthetics. I want to be the person that makes cool robot arms for people who need them. 

How does that compare to what you wanted to be when you were young? 

When I was little I wanted to be an astronaut. Then I changed career paths when I discovered I was scared of heights. 

What is your favorite thing about being a part of the Pioneers family? 

My favorite part about being part of the Pioneer family is getting to know everybody, from other students to professors. Once you find your community here it becomes hard to imagine you could’ve been anywhere else.

Where is your favorite place in the world? 

Any place there’s a dog or cat I can pet.

If you had to be trapped in a movie for a day, what movie would you choose?

The obvious choice for me would be any Studio Ghibli movie, except not as the protagonist. I don’t want to deal with fantastical, magical problems. I only want to look at fantastical, magical scenery and eat their food.

What is something you’re passionate about? 

Something I’m passionate about is keeping up with my journal. I love collecting small items and drawings to compile into one place I can remember the past with. Because if I don’t record my life no one else will.

Recommend a place to go in the Bay Area on a weekend 

If I had to plan a day in the Bay, it would start off at an art museum like the De Young or the MOMA, and end with sesame balls in Chinatown.