Choosing what college to attend is a very important decision and one you shouldn’t make without doing a lot of research. What better way to research the colleges you’re considering than by visiting them? We would be thrilled to have you and your family come visit PUC! Take a campus tour given by one of our student ambassadors, sit in on a class, chat with a professor, eat in our cafeteria, walk around the charming nearby towns of St. Helena or Calistoga, AND if you plan in advance, join us for any of the following upcoming and exciting events.
Pioneers Athletics Games
PUC has six varsity sports teams: cross country, basketball, and volleyball for women; and cross country, basketball, and soccer for men. Throughout the year, we invite you to our gymnasium, nicknamed the “Covered Wagon,” or our soccer field to join the Pioneers Posse and cheer on our teams. Here’s a short list of a few upcoming games; for the full schedule, visit pioneersathletics.com.
- December 15, 2018 – Pioneers Athletics vs. UC Merced, women’s at 6:30 p.m. & men’s at 8:30 p.m.
- January 12, 2019 – Pioneers Athletics vs. CSU Maritime, women’s at 6:30 p.m. & men’s at 8:30 p.m.
- January 17, 2019 – Pioneers Athletics vs. Embry-Riddle (AZ), women’s at 5:30 p.m. & men’s at 7:30 p.m.
Rasmussen Art Gallery Openings
If you’re interested in seeing some incredible works of art, you won’t want to miss the Rasmussen Art Gallery. Several times a quarter, a new exhibit opens at the college’s on-campus art gallery, which often features students, faculty, and other local artists. The opening reception is a chance to meet the artists, mingle with other guests, and enjoy some tasty snacks while appreciating the talent on display. If you can’t make it to one of the opening receptions, check with your tour guide to be sure to stop by and spend some time browsing during regular open hours.
- January 12, 2019 – Opening Reception: Diana Majumdar, Halcyon, Encaustic, 7 p.m.
- February 16, 2019 Opening Reception: Visual Arts Faculty Exhibition, 7 p.m.
For more information, visit the Rasmussen Art Gallery Facebook page.
Paulin Hall Music Concerts
PUC’s department of music has many concerts throughout the year; all of which are free to the public. The college has several ensembles that frequently perform, and there are usually multiple student recitals each quarter. For the Christmas holiday, there are several concerts we hope you can join us for!
- December 6, 2018 – PUC String Ensemble Concert, 7 p.m.
- December 7, 2018 – PUC Music Department Christmas Concert, 8 p.m.
- December 8, 2018 – PUC Music Department Christmas Concert, 4 p.m.
Contact the department of music for more information; call (707) 965-6201 or email email@example.com.
Special Guest Lectures / Colloquies
Each year PUC is honored to host a myriad of interesting and knowledgeable guest lecturers. From our annual Civil Rights Lecture, our bi-annual Heubach lecture, and our bi-weekly colloquy speakers, there’s always something interesting in the lineup.
- January 17, 2019 – Colloquy: Martin Luther King Jr. Remembrance, 10 a.m.
- February 21, 2019 – Colloquy: Dr. Scott Nelson, 10 a.m.
- February 28, 2019 – Heubach Lectureship Series: Dr. Jon Paulien, 7 p.m.
- March 7, 2019 – Colloquy: Career Day, 10 a.m. (followed by the annual Career Fair)
- March 9, 2019 – Annual Lecture of the Percy & John Christian Civil Rights Conference Center, 4 p.m.
For more information about these events, check out the college’s calendar at puc.edu/calendar.
Join Us For February College Days!
Several times a year, we host special visitation events called College Days. College Days is a jam-packed event where you will experience PUC with other visiting students. In addition to campus visit standards like touring the campus, talking with a professor in your major of interest, and eating in our Dining Commons, it’s a great opportunity to get a glimpse into what it’s really like to be a student at PUC as you stay in one of the residence halls and attend social and academic events.
We hope you can make plans to join us for College Days on February 10-12, 2019. Register now!
For more information about College days and other ways to visit, check out puc.edu/visitors.
We can spend hours explaining what we think makes life at PUC so unique but there’s no better way than by experiencing it firsthand, so schedule your visit today! Before you arrive, be sure to apply and send in your admissions documents for a quick acceptance! It will make your visit even more special as you officially become a member of the Pioneers family.